Live Locally, Grow Globally: for the Development of Education and Research at Osaka University and Nurturing Global Leaders for the Future
Osaka Imperial University’s foundation was driven by the unanimous support and passion from the business, government, and political sectors of Osaka, as well as the strong desire and cooperation from the citizens of Osaka City and Prefecture. In other words, being that nearly all the land, buildings, and funds required for the university’s establishment were either donated from the local community or offered by private sectors, one could say that the university was founded by the Osaka community to contribute to Japan’s development.
As expressed through the motto of Osaka University, “Live Locally, Grow Globally,” by the 11th University President YAMAMURA Yuichi, our primary mission is to promote world-leading research and academic pursuits, and to nurture individuals who are motivated to contribute to society and have an international outlook, while remaining a university rooted in Osaka.
Furthermore, we aim to be a university that offers education and research that responds to the challenges of the new era and meets the needs of society by inheriting the knowledge and individual skills gained through our 90 years of history for the next 50 years, 100 years, and beyond.
When considering the future of Osaka University, it is essential to strengthen a long-term, stable financial foundation and enhance its funds. Our alumni, as well as Osaka University Staff, individuals, corporations, and organizations, we look forward to your warm support and contributions to Osaka University Foundation for the Future.
President, Osaka University
Activity Status of Osaka University Foundation for the Future
- Total amount of donation reached 11.8 billion yen.
- Thank you for your constant and tremendous contributions towards Osaka University Foundation for the Future. Upon providing a report on the status of income and expenditure of the Foundation from its establishment (May 2009) to the end of March 2022, we would like to thank all of you who have given us your support.
The total income of the Foundation was 11,807 million yen, with donation of 11,589 million yen and nvestment income of 218 million yen.
The total expenditure was 5,811.96 million yen. Expenditure for Osaka University Foundation for the Future was 5,745.63 million yen, and appropriation to operational expenses was 66.33 million yen. Consequently, the balance as of the end of March 2022 was 5,995.04 million yen.
Osaka University Foundation for the Future has been supported by many people, including our alumni, members of the local community, and corporations to embrace the mission of the Foundation.
Once again, thank you for your continued support.
|Expenditure for the Fund||5,745,631,388|
|Balance (31 March 2022)||5,995,037,543|
(1 May 2009 – 31 March 2022)
How to Donate
We accept donations using the following credit card types:
Please proceed to the donation and payment process from one of the donation options below.
Receipts and tax exemptions (only for donors residing in Japan)
The date on the receipt will be the date on which Osaka University receives payment from the credit card company. Please note that it may take two to three months to issue a receipt after you make your donation. In addition, the date on the receipt will be the date on which Osaka University receives payment from the credit card company (NOT when the donation was made). For this reason, receipts for credit card donations made after 15 November of the current year (for recurring donations, from November onwards) will be issued with a date in the following year.
Tax Benefits for U.S. Donors
Please visit here: https://www.miraikikin.osaka-u.ac.jp/give2asia
- Osaka University Global Humanitarian Support Fund
- COVID-19 Response Fund (Research Support)
- COVID-19 Response Fund (Medical Support)
- COVID-19 Response Fund (Genaral Purpose)
- Osaka University Nakanoshima Campus Redevelopment
- 【End】Facility Management for New Minoh Campus
- Osaka University's 90th and Osaka University of Foreign Studies' 100th Anniversary Project
- Campus Life Support
- International Student Support
Support for Schools/Graduate Schools/Institutes and Facilities
- Osaka University Hospital Reconstruction Project Fund
- The Education and Research Fund for the Humanities
- Department of Civil Engineering
- Fund for Research and Development of Malarial Vaccine
- Global Initiative Human Resource Development Project
- Frontier Biosciences
- Institute for Protein Research
- Protein Data Bank Japan Foundation
- Creative Design Studio on Technology
- Liaison Support (Electrical, Electronic and Infocommunications Engineering)
- Precision Engineering
- Osaka University Academic Initiatives Fund for Global Leadership and Social Innovation Studies
- Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Medicine, Division of Health Sciences
- Medicine/ Faculity of Medicine
- Center for Twin Research
- Innovators' Club
- Saturday Afternoon Physics
- A fund for human resource development that can play an active role globally beyond 2025, triggered by the Osaka Kansai Expo
- The 50th Anniversary Fund of Joining and Welding Research Institute
- Flexible 3D System-integration Laboratory
- Human Sciences
- Institute of Laser Engineering
- Education and Research Fund for Radar Meteorology
- Sakuya project(Education and Research for School of Foreign Studies)
- SEIUNKAI Project (Law)
- Σ Engineering Science
- International Center for Biotechnology
- Research Institute for Microbial Diseases
- Information Science and Technology
- Medicine/150th anniversary
- Development of targeted alpha therapy for treatment of advanced cancer
- CO design center Education and Research Support Project
- Center for Japanese Language and Culture
- Project for severe heart failure patient
- The Institute of Scientific and Industrial Research
- Child Development
- Social Solution Initiative(SSI)
- Cultivation of Ph. D. (in Engineering) by University-Industry Cocreation
- Interactive Materials Science CADET
- Project for Community-University Coordination
Support for Sports/Culture-oriented Activities
- Table Tennis (Faculty of Medicine)
- Swimming club support project
- Minoh Campus Summer Festival
- Table Tennis
- Track and Field
- Sumo Wrestling
- Rowing (Faculty of Medicine)
- Seven Universities Athletic Meet
- Japanese Archery
- Cheer Team
- Men's Lacrosse
- Amateur Radio (JA3YKC)
- AI Research (AIR)
- Men's Handball
- Mountaineering (Faculty of Medicine)
- American Football
- Ice Hockey
- Field Hockey
- Symphony Orchestra
- Robot Contest
- University Festival